Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Countdown...



Hello World:
I'm past due for a blog post. Today I feel like an astronaut, which is cool because I've always loved everything about outerspace and the sky in general. Last night there was a crescent moon hanging above the house. I always thought full moons were my favorite, but I think I prefer crescent moons. They look delicate and mysterious. Of course, my new trilogy is called The Crescent Saga, so that might have something to do with it. But...getting back to astronaut mode. Outside of the obvious (walking on the moon, the concept of going to the bathroom in space, weightlessness, etc.), what's one more thing closely associated with going to the moon? I'll tell you:
THE COUNTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today I'm all about the countdown. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you ever felt like you've waited your whole life for just one moment? Reminds me of one of my favorite songs, "Forever," by Chris Brown. If you haven't heard it, YouTube it. The signature line in the song is "It's like I waited my whole life for this one night...it's gonna be me, you and the dance floor...double your pleasure, double your fun." And the whole song is about being above the earth anyway...flying high (on love, not drugs! hahaha). But I keep digressing...getting back to the countdown...
It feels like I've waited an awfully long time for what lies ahead...a new beginning...a new family...a new life...but mostly...love...in its truest, purest form (and no, I'm not trading in my old family for a new one--they're coming along on this ride, too). And herein lies the countdown...10 more days until I am officially awarded my Oscar. Everyone should be so lucky as to win an Oscar. But you'll have to get your own because this one is mine. I won't be placing this Oscar on a fireplace mantle for people to admire (though there is much to admire). Nope...I'm gonna hold Oscar A LOT and continually read the inscription engraved upon him...words that change and adapt to the situations of any given day, but ultimately have the same meaning..."Yo soy tuyo y tú eres mío."
So today the countdown is on...10 more days...diez días más hasta el comienzo de una nueva vida llena de amor y felicidad.
Until next time...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment