Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Dark Prince and Other Treasures



Another long period of time between blog posts but I'm back again and promising myself to be a more prolific blogger. Here's an update from my world:

I continue to promote The Gypsy Thief. I was recently in contact with a Hollywood agent who represents the actor Graham Rogers who plays Danny on Revolution on NBC (think Andrew Easton in the book). He advised to me adapt The Gypsy Thief into a screenplay so I ordered the special software called FinalDraft and now I have to learn how to use it. I've been reading a book about screenwriting and it sure is different from novel writing.

My new website is almost ready to launch. I saw it for the first time yesterday. It needs a little more fine-tuning before it comes out into the world. It should be very soon.

The Dark Prince will be released in May. The cover is beautiful. It features Miguel, the gypsy, and he looks a lot like Jacob Black aka Taylor Lautner, but it's actually a model. He is gorgeous!

Before I go, I have to say something about a significant occurrence in my life. But first I must ask a question. Have you ever wanted something so much that you actually conjured it up...as in...you actually made it happen? Like...you took something fictional (say, a character in a book that you were madly in love with) and MADE HIM EXIST FOR REAL?????? Well, Kellie here apparently has magical powers because I did it. I made a boy in a book become real (only this one is a man and he is age-appropriate--thank goodness!!). The book is called Perfect Chemistry and the character is Alejandro Fuentes. It's by Simone Elkeles and it's my favorite book of all time. As for the non-fictional Alex....he has a different name and he is pretty awesome (he is also the same nationality as Alex). I'm gonna save him for another blog. It's still early stages and I don't want to overstate the relationship but I've gotta say...who knew the real thing could be as good as the fictional thing? Needless to say, I'm kinda in a state of constant rapture. I'll leave it at that for now...hasta mas tarde...

No comments:

Post a Comment